Follow our adventuers to Alaska by Motor Coach as we complete a bucket list entry

Many of us have bucket lists. Ours includes a trip to Alaska. We are traveling by Motor Coach from our southern mountain home across our great United States to Seward's Folly, or the great frontier of Alaska. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our ride as we try to share our adventure with you.

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Russian River

The Red Salmon have finished their run up the Russian and the bears are waiting for the pink salmon to make their run any day now.  Thank goodness they waited for us to get off the trail.  Yesterday we fished for a few hours, but did not catch anything.  We hiked the Angler's trail  today along the river hoping to find the Russian River Falls.  Saw lots of bear scat and heard of a mom with cubs fishing in the river.  Well after 2 miles in we decided to turn back. Never did find the falls.   If a bear would have approached us there was no place for us to back up to because the trail was sooooo rocky and dangerous.  There was a spot where I had to slide down on my bottom and then when we turned around, I had to crawl up the mountain (my knee has really been bothering me and the trail was slippery), sooo I sure was a site to see.  Then the Ranger posted this bright pink poster after we returned to our coach ---  humm.mmThe river is beautiful and we are so thankful for generators and internet air cards to enable me to post this info.  Hope all is well.  Chatterbox, practice being a lady in a dress and walking in those stilettos (sp).  Hope all is well with everyone.  I know school begins soon and ya'll are in preparation for that  We are off to Homer tomorrow for 2 days - One for laundry and the other to walk Homer.  Love ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you didn't come too close to that mom and cubs. I know I would be terrible at "playing" dead. Still super jealous of all the cool stuff u r doing, but alas, summer is coming to a close. I have testing this Saturday, Little Red s/b receiving music soon, school is very close, and the kitchen cabinets still are not painted. I have been invited to Bama, and there is only 14 days till I start "working"! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete